• 2 – 8 Hours
• Master teacher, staff support
• Practical skills and engaging exercises
Increasingly, Copper Beech Institute teachers are being asked to meet the urgent challenges in business, including rising health care costs, toxic stress, and ever-increasing demands. Our workshops can help you develop a workplace community that is more emotionally intelligent, more resilient, and more focused — the cornerstones of true engagement.
Our expert mindfulness teachers will share cutting-edge neuroscience and guide you in exploring how mindfulness and meditation can transform stress and conflicts into opportunities for connection, creativity, and deeper well-being. Work doesn’t need to be disheartening and burdensome; it can be uplifting and gratifying as we join our colleagues in creating a common purpose.
These workshops will include teaching, guided exercises, conversation, storytelling, and laughter, as well as clear, simple skills and practices that can be applied right away.
1. Becoming Present
Mindfulness: from autopilot to aware
• What can science tell us about mindfulness?
– Research and Neuroplasticity
• Why does awareness matter?
– Developing a growth mindset
Practices: Watching your thoughts, awareness of physical sensations
Commitment: I commit to returning to the present moment
Outcomes: Improved focus, increased self-regulation, practices to experiment with
2. Returning to Purpose
Applied presence for the workplace
• What is most important in this moment?
– Evidence-based approaches to practice
• How do you go through your day?
– Awareness of stories and habits
Practices: Body Scan, intention setting, remembering our shared purpose
Commitment: I commit to remembering what’s important
Outcomes: Improved adaptability, increased commitment
3. Choosing Courage
Resilience in the face of change
• What causes stress?
– Brain chemistry, beliefs
• How can we eliminate toxic emotions?
– Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
Practices: Pausing, mindful movement, reframing
Commitment: I commit to choosing before responding
Outcomes: Reduced stress, greater emotional resilience
4. Cultivating Connection
The chemistry of powerful teams
• What can you do to develop trust?
– Values, managing commitments
• How do I communicate with honesty and empathy?
– Seeking to understand, courage and compassion
Practices: Mindful listening, challenging conversations, alignment with values
Commitment: I commit to making time to connect
Outcomes: Improved communication, increased collaboration
5. Inspiring Potential
Bringing out the best in others
• What can I do to apply these practices to my leadership?
– Embodied integrity
• How can I support the growth of others?
– Communicating worth and potential
Practices: Cultivating curiosity, loving kindness
Commitment: I commit to finding the potential in each person
Outcomes: Deepened presence, increased connection
Each of these topics can be presented in either a morning, afternoon or full-day workshop.
To learn more or to schedule a program, please email Leadership & Engagement Director Peter Callahan at email@example.com.